5/24/09

A Poem & An Update


Last night as Matt and I were getting ready to settle down for the evening  when Aubrey 8yrs old approached us with a gift. I knew she was working on something because she had asked that we not come into her bedroom. She handed a self made envelope to us and inside was a poem that she wrote for us for baby Aiden.

Here it is...

I'm Safe In Your Arms

I wish I was safe in your arms
Your warm loving sweet caring arms.
I'm waiting to see you and waiting to be held.
I'm so far away and want to be with you so you can protect me.
It is taking too long. I need you to come get me and hold me
Safe in your arms.


Then today we received an update on Aiden. We were given 3 new photos and one of them he is smiling. This was the first we had ever seen him smile. I was so curious to what his smile would look like, and wow let me tell you how beautiful he is. He has the brightest smile and the longest eye lashes. This is what we were told:

Congratulations on your court date!!!  You have a sweet baby boy!!!  I got to spend some time with him.  He was wide awake and would just smile at me when I would talk to him.  He has the longest eye lashes I have ever seen!  I was in love and he melted my heart!!!  He seemed to be such a sweet natured little guy.  I just wanted to squeeze him.  I did love on him and told him his family is coming soon!   You take care and have a wonderful Sunday!  Check out that big smile on the 1st picture:)!

These updates are so very special. It gives you a boost to push through especially during rough times. Although we have a court date of June 4th we are still unsure if we'll pass due to the delay right now. We keep praying that everything will be resolved in the next week or so. Our court date is 11 days away! Keep praying people! We need all the prayers we can get to get this delay resolved and pass court so we can go bring this beautiful boy home!!

Happy Memorial Day!




**************
Recession-proof vacation ideas. Find free things to do in the U.S. (http://travel.aol.com/travel-ideas/domestic/national-tourism-week?ncid=emlcntustrav00000002)

6 comments:

Jenny R said...

That poem brought tears to my eyes. We are praying for your court date. What a great update!

Dawn said...

What a sweet poem !! And a wonderful update too!

Mandy said...

What a gift to put in his memory book! I love your daughter's heart!

Tara said...

thanks! what a great poem from your daughter and sweet word on your son, we'll get to see him soon!

Margaret and Cordel said...

So very sweet! Only a few more days left! How Crazy!!!! Praying that you hear WONDERFUL news next week :)

Kristi J said...

I'll be praying next week for you guys...What a great poem and such sweet kids, kj