5/13/09

WE HAVE A COURT DATE!

We finally have a court date of June 4th. We received it yesterday on our baby boys 3 month Birthday.

Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

It has been a long time coming. I haven't posted for a while because honestly we were going through some turbulence with this wonderful adoption.

As we were awaiting a court date last week we were given some upsetting news that our adoption was placed on hold due to some issues with the Ethiopian government and abandonment cases and we were told that we may not get a court date until this next fall. The government has placed a hold on some adoptions while they do some investigating. I won't go into a lot of details but this is some scary stuff and we need prayers. As a surprise to us we received a call yesterday from our case worker telling us that we now have a court date of June 4th. We are not sure if this day can be kept or if the government officials in Ethiopia will figure everything out prior to that date. For now we are excited and hopeful. If we pass on June 4th we could be traveling 2 -4 weeks after that. I am in hopes for our baby boy to be in our arms on my Birthday June 15th or even for Father's Day.
In the midst of all of this we received an update from someone that has recently come back with their little one. I am so happy to be given some news that "A" is so cute and looks great along with some photos of him chilling in the sun. I just want him home with his family now so we can hold him and love him.

8 comments:

Jenny R said...

I'm so glad you have a court date. I've been praying for you, and for everyone that are caught in the abandonment cases. It's so stressful! Our court date is the 14th, so actually tonight.. I hope and pray we will all be passing the 1st time. Wouldn't it be great to have the kids home for fathers day! I keep saying that to my husband too.

Eastiopians said...

Yay! Finally a court date! You are in good hands with AGCI and Almaz specifically. I am hopeful that this will all work out!

Theresa

Tisha Alexander said...

This is wonderful news. I will be praying that you are able to keep this date and you'll be on your way to Addis Ababa SOON!!!

Margaret said...

Jessica! This is just AMAZING! So excited for you!!!

Dawn said...

SO happy that you got a court date!! You've surely had some ups and downs! So glad I was able to see your cutie patootie. :)

Karin said...

Yahooo! I will be praying for favor on your court date and soon to follow travel! Even though our journey has taken a heartbreaking turn that we never saw coming it is a joy to share the journey with others. Celebrating with you as we await a new referral.

Amber said...

Congrats on your court date! Praying for all the abandoned adoptions..
Our court date is one week from today!

God is faithful through it all

Kristi J said...

yeah...so excited for you guys, praying it sticks, kristi