1/15/09

Government APPROVED

I can't believe it. Matt brought in the mail and he said that we had a letter from the homeland security immigration department. My heart sank thinking that there was something wrong with our fingerprints taken on Friday of last week. So I tore open the letter thinking I would find the worse and actually found nothing but the best news. We are officially approved to adopt from Ethiopia!! I am so excited. Now all I need to do is chill out a bit and watch referrals roll in for others and wait for ours. Everything thus far for this adoption has gone smoothly as God is orchestrating the bright future for an orphan. I pray that the rest of it goes just as smoothly. I also pray for those whom have had bumps and heartache in their adoption process.

5 comments:

Troy said...

Wow, that's quick ... it took 2 months for them to come back and tell me I missed something ... so we mailed in the change on NYE and hoping it comes in soon.

Dawn said...

Yes - WI is very good at getting those processed quickly!! Woohoo - congrats on getting that!

Maria and Family said...

Congratulations!! That is a huge step done :) Enjoy the journey!

Mandy said...

Congratulations! We are just waiting now, too. We're just a little bit behind you. :)

Kristi J said...

congrats guys...that was very fast!! Is it your I-71A form thingy?? it took us 3 months to get ours, then we accidentally threw it away..yes, can you imagine..had to reorder it :) You'll be moving up the list soon, kristi