1/13/09

Numbers, numbers and more numbers

So being new to this whole adoption thing and the waiting list confuses me a bit. I have figured most of the details out but trying to keep up with who has what number is a bit crazy so I'll just worry about us for now or until I get the hang of this. We were supposed to receive a number last week but due to the large number of referrals last week the agency was a bit behind in getting to those of us with higher numbers. It's okay, I completely understand that it has to be completely crazy. So are official numbers this month are 16 for a boy and 29 for a girl. Last month we were at #17 for a boy and #31 for a girl. So we're moving up. We also have UNofficial numbers which are numbers that are based on the amount of referrals given out. Every referral given out has 10 days to accept the referral so if all referrals are accepted are Unofficial numbers are #12 for a boy and #27 for a girl.

When we were asked if we wanting to be on both waiting lists even though our numbers are no where near one another we said "yes" because I want to put it into Gods hands completely and if he feels a boy is in our horizon then a boy it is. We'll see as the months slowly move on by.

I had thought that time would go by fast having 2 children and working full time but honestly the adoption has been on my mind constantly since the first day we decided to move forward with it. I find myself not being able to get enough information about the next steps or adoption parenting as a whole.

We should be getting our next set of numbers in a few weeks. In the mean time I will be reading away and playing with the kids.

2 comments:

Kristi J said...

Welcome..to the craziness, ha just kidding...I love the "number chase"...we're always trying to figure out who is who and all that stuff....The wait has gone by quickly since i'm chasing 4 little ones already...I just try not to think about it since I can't do anything but WAIT...hoping to get our referral any day now, kristi johnson

Maria and Family said...

Saw your blog and wanted to say hi. We just recd our referral for a beautiful baby girl in Dec. We have 2 bio kiddos and and a beautiful daughter born in Guatemala. Welcome to the journey!! It will change your life :)