2/13/09

The Rush

Okay this morning I went on with my business just like any other day. I woke up happy it was Friday, I love Fridays because I get to wear jeans to work, never thought wearing jeans would make me so happy. Anyway, I got the kids off to school and went to work. I opened up my e-mail and swore that today I would not open my personal e-mail until I got Some of the things off of my very messy desk. I was at work for maybe 15 minutes when I felt the uncontrollable urge to open my personal e-mail. It's so addicting but I truly cannot think about anything other than what news may be in my e-mail. I opened it and scanned through it until I found "we got THE call" and the this rush came over me. I started to shake a bit and my stomach flipped inside out a few times. Ladies and gentleman this was me finding out someone else received their referral, what am I going to be like when we get the actual CALL? So this now means that we are unofficially #3. I so do not want to be #1! I want to just get the call. I sometimes think that maybe I should just not read my personal e-mail anymore and just get the call without expecting it at all.

Hmmmm Maybe not.

I do not think I can go that long without communicating with the other families adopting. It is so addicting!! But what a great thing to get addicted to!

Happy to be #3!

8 comments:

Tisha Alexander said...

Congrats on being #3! We found out this morning that we are now #2 on the sibling list and I had the same reaction, too funny! We are going to be wrecks when we get the call... hopefully it won't be too much longer. At least we can relax this weekend. :)

Dawn said...

Yes, I do not wish #1 on anyone! It's much better to just get the call before you know that you are #1. Let's hope for LOTS more calls next week!!

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

I feel the same way - totally unproductive. I'm trying to concentrate on something and I have to stop everything and check my email every time I hear it ding! We're not even as close as you. This is going to be ugly. :)

Troy said...

The ways referrals are going out, you'll have it before you know it.

We didn't know if we were #1 or #2 which somewhat eased it but still ... yeah, who am I kidding, we were still excited and watching the phone at all times :)

Kristi J said...

wow, i can't believe you are #3..so exciting....it has flown by for you guys...congrats and can't wait for it to be your turn :) kristi

Matt said...

I'm glad we could get you so excited last week. Maybe you should keep a small paper bag handy to avoid hyperventilating when you get your "THE Call" moment. Enjoy it!

Kristi J said...

You gave some great advice to Sunny...I completely agree with you on it all!! Just thought I'd let ya know :) And, it is cold again here today, so back to Winter...:) kristi