2/27/09

Waiting is not what I am best at........

I was never truly great at waiting. I am okay if I am working towards somethingand then achieve whatever it is in the end, but waiting around and doingnot much of anything is starting to get to me. Of course I do have the olderkids to keep me busy but still it's really starting to get to me. I thinkthat maybe if I didn't know that I was so very close it wouldn't be so hardto wait. Dropping in numbers on the waiting lists was so exciting and fora bit I wasn't sure that I was mentally ready for the referral to come. It'skind of like going to an amusement park. You know your going to get on aride and it might just be a scaryone too. Then when you are actually waiting in line (referral wait list)you get really nervous and the butterflies are going crazy. You see the entranceto the ride (being #3) and you start to freak out just a little and you alsoget oh so excited. Then......... it stops. No one is moving and your getting a bit tired of the waiting game.
Iknow that I haven't waited that long and by all means others have waitedsometimes years before wrapping their arms around their child/children. Ithink that because I saw the boys waiting list's numbers go down so fastit created a monster out of me. I also know that the court dates in Ethiopiaare filling up right now and if we do not get a court date prior to Augustwe won't get one until October. I knew that this adoption would bring outthe strength in me that I may not have known I had. I just pray every daythat I stay strong and trust God and his plan.

2 comments:

Tisha Alexander said...

I am so there with ya! It was so busy there for a couple of weeks and now NOTHING. It has been a long week and I am ready for the referrals to start again. Maybe next week?
Have a great weekend.

Kristi J said...

Girl, I feel for ya....It was hard at the end...Sitting at #1 for weeks and then going over 6 month mark, then 6 1/2 months....Then it came :) right before I was about to explode and pass out from exhaustion...just kidding...but it was very hard at the end...praying things start back up soon, kj