3/16/09

Hello, Are you out there?

Has anyone out there seen my last blog entry??

Nope, me neither.

This past weekend I decided to write a new post of what has happened post "THE CALL" and I decided to save the post until I could finish it up and check it over before posting it. I wrote and wrote then I hit save. I went to go post it and it vanished. So if any of you have my last blog post could you kindly give it back.

Okay I really haven't lost it at least not yet. Here I will try to recap what I wrote before it rudely vanished.

Thursday, March 5th at 1:50 pm my phone rang while I was at work. The phone said AGCI. I had thought it was just a monthly update and thought Christy (our case worker) would tell us that we were officially #1 but instead she said " I have a referral of a baby boy for you, would you like to hear more?" I said "yes of course I would" and then I remember mumbling a bunch of other things that most likely didn't make any sense and I remember Christy laughing at me. She then asked me if we should call Matt as he was at work. I had her call his company cell phone to throw him off a bit and make it even more surprising. He was shocked and very happy.
Christy told us all about this beautiful 3 week old baby boy. As we were on the phone she was converting his weight over to lbs and we were shocked that he was 9lbs 4oz and 22 inches long at birth. This is huge for an Ethiopian baby but this also meant that he is pretty healthy over all.
So I had to work a bit more to get some things done before I could leave work early which was very hard for me to do. Matt had to take the other 2 kiddos to their dentist appointment and I told him I would meet him at home as soon as he was finished at the dentist. We had promised each other that we would not open the e-mail of photos until we all were together and we could open them up and see him together for the first time. The kids were so excited. We opened them up and were all in amazement on how adorable this baby boy truly was. He is a true gift from God and beautiful. We then spent the rest of the night calling family and telling them over the speaker phone of our newest family member. After all the excitement we dropped off a photo disk at Walgreens to get developed and went out for Thai food at one of our favorite local restaurants.

Before I left on Thursday and before I viewed the photos or records I sent all of his records to the International Pediatrician's office and all came back in the clear so we officially accepted the referral on Friday March 6th.

We wanted to make sure we worked as fast as we could so we have a chance of getting a court date prior to the courts closing in August. It may seem like a long ways away but the court dates are filling up fast and I wanted to do all I could on my part to get that date.

So we are now in the waiting process again, waiting for our court date.

3 comments:

jody said...

wow, when i read your post about your referral on the listserv i thought you meant he was 9 lbs at referral but at birth that IS big! yay for your eciting news and start lifting weights now so you are ready to carry that lug around :) congratulations!

Dawn said...

awww yay!! can't wait to see pics of your little chunko!! :)

Kristi J said...

so excited for you guys...thanks for all your prayers and support during this crazy time...Praying we hear some good news soon :)kj