3/30/09

Trying to stay busy or simply going crazy?


So every year my four siblings and I take turns hosting Easter and Thanksgiving. This year was my year to host. Due to my entire family living 2.5 hours north from us I usually host the holidays from my parents house. Not this time. Nope, I have decided to host the gathering at our house. Okay people you're probably thinking so what, what's the big deal. Did I forget to tell you that my immediate family consists of 30 people ranging from age 65 to 6months old in age?


Coming from a larger family I am used to large gatherings but my house may not be too used to them. I do not live in a very large house. I do have 3 levels but it will still be a little crowded. Did I mention that they will all be sleeping overnight? I think we will be okay if they don't mind sleeping stacked on top of one and another. Just kidding! They will be trickling in on Thursday of Easter weekend and slowly leaving on Saturday and Sunday. I have a ton of food and activities to keep all ages busy and content. From egg decorating to extreme egg hunt for the older ones we should be set. As crazy as it may seem it has defiantly taken my mind off of the court date wait. Okay maybe not entirely. I have been trying to fill up our weekends until the end of May so far. We are hoping for a June court date!! So please pray we get our date soon!! Please also pray that I don't go entirely crazy over Easter weekend!



No comments: