4/28/09

2nd dossier officially made it to HH

I checked with our case worker Christy this morning and I am happy to say our 2nd dossier has made it's final approach to Hannah's Hope, Ethiopia. Now we sit and wait some more for a court date. I know I sound like a broken record when I say "WE STILL DON'T HAVE A COURT DATE" but we don't. We received our referral on March 5th and we are still waiting for the phone call saying that we have a court date. I think that our case worker is so tired of me checking on if we have our court date yet but I can't help myself from asking the question. I really am not one to be much of a squeaky wheel but I have been a bit nervous after our mishap with our 1st dossier. I can also say that I am a bit of a control freak and I would rather be over in Ethiopia myself to hand the dossier over to the courts. Ahh, then again I am sure Almaz, the director of HH will do a much better job than I, plus she speaks Amharic and I do not. Alamz, the in house director at Hannah's hope is an amazing woman, so I have been told and many people have even called her an angel so my faith is in her right now and I can only pray everything will work out in the end.

On another note today was the first day that I have let the kids walk to school by themselves. Well kind of by themselves. We live about 8 blocks from school so they have a bit of a ways to walk. So I drove up to the block behind them then shot across and met them a few blocks in just to be sure they had made it safely. Johnathan just turned 10 and Aubrey is 8 so don't think I am being too over protecting. I know I was riding my bike all over town by myself at that age. I also grew up in a smaller town then we live in now. I think it was good for them to gain some independence plus they have been begging me to let them so I think they're ready. We'll see about the rest of the week.

Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

I would be going nuts, too. That's great it made it and you're moving forward!

Tisha Alexander said...

YAY! Hopefully you'll hear something SOON!!!

Amber said...

congrats that it made it!! yes this is wonderful news. the court date will come.

Margaret said...

So glad to hear that the important paperwork got where it needed to be!! WOohoo!!!

Tara said...

oh good!!! praying things move quickly!!!!