4/23/09

Baby on the brain

Baby on the brain, baby on the brain. hi ho the merry oh I have baby on the brain.

Lately I can not think straight at all. I will go back and check something I had done earlier in the day at work and think to myself, "What the heck was I thinking" Then I remember I was thinking of our little one so far away and the journey of bringing him home.

Yes, I do think I have lost it for sure!!

Still awaiting a court date. It would be nice to have one soon but I truthfully don't think it will happen until next week hopefully! There was a slight mishap with our first dossier and the shipping of it so we have gotten it all straightened out now and waiting patiently for our court date. Please pray our court date comes soon.

Even if our court date was not for another month or so I would be okay just to "HAVE A DATE"

Oh well, God has a plan we just need to wait.

So this past Sunday at church a family (members of our church) from Cameroon came with their 2 month old baby for the first time. I was wondering why she hadn't come to church with their newest yet and was worried that something may be wrong. No, nothing was wrong. During church our Pastor announced that in Cameroon it is tradition to not take your baby out in public (except for medical needs) or let anyone else meet your baby until your church family has met the baby first. Wow, do these people have their priorities straight or what? Afterwards we were all invited to their home for lunch and a gathering to celebrate their baby first meeting. They showed us videos of there home land and told us about their culture. The kids loved it and learned so much from the whole experience.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I keep checking on you to see if you have heard a date yet. I will be praying for you...that you will have peace and the court date will be really soon!