4/9/09

So This Is What Dreams Are Made Of ?


So I've been a little stressed lately. We haven't received a phone call to let us know our court date yet and it's wearing on me. I was completely okay with waiting for the referral and I was okay with the wait for the first few weeks but lately it has been on my mind continuously. It's not feeling of not being able to wait for a vacation or the purchase of something that you really wanted it's more like a heart sick feeling that only a mother/ father would recognize. The feeling of missing your kids or worrying about them and not being able to do anything about it. I have also been running around like chicken with it's head off getting ready for my entire family to visit for the weekend. So last night I went to bed exhausted from running around trying to get things under control last minute along with the heart sick feeling.


So here's where the dreaming part comes in. About 3am I awoke to the light of the moon blasting through the window like a bright flash light. I was then up for a couple hours thinking about the adoption and the wait along with other things. Finally after laying awake for hours I decide to pray for some patience and peace during this time. I finally fell asleep. Once I was asleep I had a dream that Matt had gone to the orphanage and picked up our baby boy for the day to bring him to my work and surprise me. I held him, hugged him and kissed him. Matt needed to take him back because it wasn't time for him to be with us yet. When my alarm went off I woke up to a card that was left on top of the alarm clock sometime in the middle of the night by Aubrey. I opened it and on the cover it said "HOPE". Inside she wrote a little note that she was hoping

that spring would be here soon (it's been a cold spring thus far) and wished me a Happy Easter. After having a dream of holding our baby boy and waking up to a card saying HOPE on it from my ever thoughtful daughter I felt a peace come over me. So funny how GOD answers our prayers.


Happy PEACEFUL Easter to all!



What's a post without a picture. Here is a photo of Aubrey making me pancakes one morning. She is only 8 but is the most thoughtful, helping 8 year old I know.
I love you Aubrey Rose

5 comments:

Kristi J said...

I feel your pain...I still know nothing about my court date...I saw the Bogard Family got their court date, but haven't seen them post it to the site...only saw it on their blog...Prayin we all hear something soon..It has helped to be out of town and not worry about it :)

Shauna said...

I really hope you don't have to wait too much longer.... And, can I borrow your talented, pancake-making daughter one morning... That would be great ;-)

Unknown said...

Hi Matt, Jessi, Johnathan and Aubrey.. Easter at your house was GREAT!! You did a good job of filling us up, and keeping us busy!! And you are so right..J & A are two of the best kids on the planet!! And soon their little brother will know the special kind of Knitter Litter love!! I can't believe that J is 10 either!! And the WAITING...it'll all be worth it!! Love...MOM

Amber said...

I pray you get your court date soon, along with Kristi J and us! Hey if it helps,at least we know we are not alone.

Dawn said...

How sweet of your daughter!! :)