6/9/09

Feelin' a little down

So we gathered the courage to call our case worker Christy to see what happened on our court date, June 4th. We had told ourselves we would wait until Tuesday (today) to call and bug her. Well Matt called her and said "I have had patience up until now and I now need to know what's going on". She laughed and then told us that there were 3 orphanages that had the investigation complete and are now clear to have their cases go to the court to be heard. Our little one was not at any of those orphanages. She had said that they are now working on the investigation for the section of orphanages in which our little boy was from. She did not know when the investigation would be over our when he would be cleared to go to court. We had then asked her once the investigation was over for his orphanage when would our case be heard in the courts and she could not tell us that either.

So basically our case was not heard and they do not know when they will even see our case. The court closure is still set for August through September so we're running out of time. We're feeling a bit frustrated and completely helpless. We are praying for a miracle and hope we can still have our case be heard prior to the closure and that we are able to travel this summer still.

I can't help but think that if our dossier hadn't been lost (THANKS UPS) our court date wouldn't have been delayed and would have missed this whole abandonment delay and we would be holding him sooner. I just want to hibernate and wake up when I receive the all from Christy saying we passed court and we can go and bring our little guy home to our family.

12 comments:

Mandy said...

I know it's frustrating not having any timeline.

Tara said...

we are praying!

Margaret said...

OH Jessica :( My heart just breaks for you...I am so sorry that this is happening! I wish it would all be fixed tomorrow and that you could be holding your son asap!!! I will continue to pray for you and all the other families affected!!!

Amber Weiseth said...

I totally understand your disappointment. Now that I am on the other side, I can say things like, "God knows", "He has a plan", etc. But at the time it feels so hopeless. It is so easy to run with our fears instead of our faith. I am praying for you...especially that God would give you the faith and strength you don't have on your own.

neely said...

praying God makes a way for you and your little guy!

Tisha Alexander said...

Of course you are feelin' down. You are human and you are a mom who wants her baby in her arms!! These turn of events are not fun times. Please know that I am praying for you and you are never far from my thoughts.

Eastiopians said...

*hug*

I have no words for this terrible situation. I have hope though, and I will continue praying that it is resolved very soon. I also have hope and pray that these cases will be shown favor and go to court very quickly so these children who have been waiting can come home soon.

Until then, know that every day of life is precious and try to find some peace and comfort in knowing that God is taking care of your child while you cannot...so enjoy your children and your husband and every day that you have been gifted with.

Let us all hold you up in prayer to help you through this.

Theresa

The Hull's at #4 said...

I'm just so sorry. I can't wait for the day your dancing instead. Praying so hard God will make a way!

Kim

Maria and Family said...

oh this is just rotten. I am so sorry. Adoption can be soooo hard. the good news is ethiopia seems to really care about getting these things done quickly, so I will pray that is the case and you do make it thru before the cut off. I know this is so hard. (((hugs)))

Amber said...

I feel your hurt.

your baby is loved and you guys are too

Kristi J said...

Oh, that just really stinks...I'm so sorry!! The ups thing really gets me!! Please know we're praying and yes, this adoption stuff is definitely a roller coaster...It's been a long ride for us and I'm VERY happy to have it all over...You'll be there too soon..I just know...kj

Becky said...

I understand your feelings! There are days when I'm peaceful, content, and trusting. There are other times when I'm super sad and frustrated. Right now is bad because I had kind of imagined we'd travel this weekend...May the Lord deliver our children soon!