6/17/09

NO NEWS ~ GOOD NEWS??

I haven't heard anything from our agency for a while on how the investigation is going. There are rumors that the orphanage that our little one was at has the investigation completed but the ban is still in effect. If the ban gets lifted we then need to get a new court date. Even though there are rumors of the courts staying open our agency has told us not to count on it. The courts usually close in August and September, so if we do not receive a court date prior to the closing we have to wait until October for a court date and then we can travel. I am not too sure I can wait that long. Seriously, it sickness me to think of needing to wait until fall to bring our precious little guy home. Some days Matt and I are strong and some days we fall apart. The funny thing is, when Matt is strong I'm the one falling apart and when I am strong.... well you get the picture. If I could have a time line to go by or something to hold onto I might be able to carry through.

We received our referral on March 5th

We accepted the referral on March 6th

We received notification that our dossier was stolen on April 9th

We received notification of the ban on all abandonment cases on May 7th

We received our court date on May 13th

Our court date was set for June 4th ~ was not seen due to the abandonment ban

June 17th and still waiting to pass court or waiting to get an answer on a timeline.

I understand that there are a lot of people in the adoption world that have had long waits but nothing prepares you for the long waits that you were not anticipating.

5 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

So so so so true!!! Praying for strength for your family.

Eastiopians said...

I am praying so hard for you guys! You both and your sweet son deserve this SO much! You have waited so patiently. Even when you are not so patient, you show grace. I hope we hear VERY good news soon regarding the abandonment cases and that you get a court date very very soon. My secret hope (that is now not secret) is that AGCI knows the news and is already getting your cases through court. You NEVER know so I will keep hoping and praying because these precious children have waited long enough. I have not heard the rumor about court not closing...that rumor makes me very happy! :)

Theresa

Dawn said...

Jess - I'm so sorry your wait is so long. I've been thinking about you. Please know that you are being prayed for. Adoption isn't always easy, but when he is in your arms somehow you forget all of the heartache.

Tara said...

yes this is hard!!!!!!! praying for you that it all happens quickly, i'm sorry for all your delays

Tisha Alexander said...

Yes, this is not fun at all. Esp with no answers. Have you called Christy to find out if she knows anything more?
Praying for you...