6/26/09

Not too much to say

I haven't written for a while because I haven't really had much to say. It's like I have put a hold on all emotions for now or until we hear something from our agency about a new court date. Don't get me wrong I am still staying very busy altogether but I just don't have much to say.

Here is what's going on thus far or rumors that we have heard from other agencies:

Rumor #1: Courts are not planning on closing as they do every year for the rainy season.
Rumor #2: The investigation has been completed
Rumor #3: The ban has been lifted and we just need to wait for a new court date.
Rumor #4: July 2nd there should be a decision on how to proceed with the court cases that are in limbo
Rumor #5: After July 2nd we should have a new court date.
Rumor #6: We won't receive a new court date but instead the judge will just sign our papers and we will have passed court.

I say these are all rumors because this is a summary of what I have gathered from some other agencies through out US, Europe & Australia. Our agency has not confirmed any of this yet.
I'm not sure when I will hear from our agency. I was hoping to get some kind of update from them today but no such luck. I am now thinking maybe next Friday. That has been the motto lately. Live hour to hour, day to day, week to week.

Some other things we have been doing lately:

The kids went to VBS this week and loved every bit of it. They asked if they could do it all summer long. I wish they could but it was only for 1 week.

Along with some very hot days we have been blessed with no water! The city have been working on replacing all of the water mains in down our street for the past month or so. Not only are we blessed with having to park a mile away we have no water either. Not ever quite sure when it will go out or when it will come back on. The sent us an apology letter with a case of water and told us to use the water only if we didn't have water to use and to use it as a reserve source. Are these people for real? Oh well, what are you going to do, right?

7 comments:

in a nutshell said...

hi jess. great summation of the rumors ;) i'm growing weary of the "next fridays", for sure. someday...right? hopefully? on another note- what a bummer about the water situation! geeesh. ummm, let's see...if you have to park a mile away at least you're getting some exercise?? hang in there :)

neely said...

hoping and praying for good news soon...waiting is no fun!

Mandy said...

I feel the same way - that there's just nothing to say about it. I can blog about the latest rumors out there, but what's the point in following the rumors when none of the info matters until AGCI calls us and tells us we have a court date - or better - we passed court! :)
Sorry about the water - what a pain!

Margaret said...

I keep thinking of you so much! I Keep hoping and praying that you hear GREAT news soon....confirmation.....SOMETHING!Lot of hugs to you!

Becky said...

I vote for rumor #6! That would be incredible to receive a call saying we'd passed!

Maria and Family said...

Ah! That is great practice for when you travel to ethiopia and the power is out more then it is on :) You never know if you will have power or a hot shower..you learn to roll with it :)
So sorry you still havent gotten any real news ....I know that has to be so frustrating :(

Unknown said...

We are all hoping and praying with you...it helps so much to know that AIDEN and the other children are so well cared for... Love, MOM